ARC Review: Mindscape by Tal Valante

Mindscape - Tal Valante

I received this free via NetGalley for an honest review.

The blurb gives you a false picture of what it is you get. Sure the information is accurate, but you don't quite get the emotion and the scenes you are expecting.

It is written in present tense and flashbacks, which at moments gave you some confusion. There was no indication that they were now entering a flashback. At some points there wasn't even paragraph jumps. I don't know if that has anything to do with the formatting for the ebook.

It could have been a cute story, following the boys falling in love, but there was not enough scenes and it was too scattered to get a proper feel for their relationship.

It's also a very serious and heart breaking thing the boys have gone through, but we get no scenes or real feel for what it is they have been through.

It is in the end lacking in many forms, it needed more. More development of characters. More scenes with the boys falling in love. And maybe even some scenes while separated.

(Note that this is an advanced readers copy, and changes could have been made. Publishing date is December 23rd.)