A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest

A Shade of Vampire (A Shade Of Vampire, #1) - Bella Forrest

I got this book for free in exchange for an honest review... and as my grandma always said, taste is like the butt, split.
It was not for me... given many does really like and enjoy this book and it does deserve that, the imagination that went in to many of the details in this was very cool to imagine.

I didn't feel myself drawn to Sofia at all... I felt she was lacking in some ways. She's 17, been abducted by vampires, and she's showing no fear or anxiety... and she's admiring the view?

I'm not too thrilled between the short jumps in point of views.

I did feel the author had better grasp of Derek than Sofia though.

The use of the word "dungeon" was used a little too much, especially as it was clear that it was not one.

I found myself jotting down notes as I read, just to remember what I thought as I read it...

After the jump because of spoilers...

I had intended to go for a swim.
Yet another one of your brilliant ideas, Sofia. Now you’re locked up in some sort of dungeon wearing your swimsuit and a cover-up that’s nowhere near enough to fend off the biting cold. Genius. Just genius.
I gritted my teeth, loathing myself for being so careless about my own safety.

Because folks dress for the day thinking this might be the day I get abducted, I must put on my best and warmest coat even though it's middle of the summer and I'm staying in a beach house.

Explaining the houses the elite lives in had me a bit iffy, but again it comes down to imagination, I guess I'm just a more realistic girl... even in fantasy books. So yes mansions in tree tops had me a bit on the way too out there scale.

“There’s this one, the living room, the dining room, the kitchen, a library, several baths, an indoor pool, an entertainment room, a theater, a master bedroom, several guestrooms and your harem’s quarters. There are several rooms that we left untouched, just in case you think of something you wish to do with them.”

And then there was just a few things that made me go "Huh?"

My eyebrows rose at this new piece of information. I never would have expected that he was musically inclined.
Why not, does vampires that play and sing look a special way?