Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth

Divergent - Veronica Roth

I'm a bit late to the party, there's way too many series I'm reading that's not finished, so I decided this wouldn't be one of them. This is now complete (except the novella stories to come) so I decided now was the time.

I don't mind spoilers, I knew what it was about, I've seen the trailer to the movie, (which actually looks nothing like I imagined it while reading) but there was a lot more that I just had no idea was coming.

It was a really good book, it wasn't an AWESOME book, but I did enjoy reading it. There was no complicated information, which I thought it would be. Keeping track of the infactions was surprisingly easy. And as character heavy as it was, it was never confusing knowing who said what or did that. You always had a clear picture in your head about each character.

Roth is a talented writer, it was an easy book to read. But I was missing those emotions that jumps out at you, where you just have to put it away and breath for a moment. Whether it was a happy or sad emotion I didn't really get the connection to it.